We resort to creative solutions when the weather is sweltering, so why not break out the bedding reinforcements when winter’s chill takes over? Here are five top-rated mattress pads that’ll help keep your bed toasted to perfection all season long.
1. Sunbeam Quilted Polyester Heated Mattress Pad It’s easy to dread bedtime in a drafty house. This heated mattress pad from Sunbeam helps give you something to look forward to instead! Made from plush polyester, it’s equipped with 5 ounces of fill and embedded wires that deliver consistent (and instant!) warmth throughout the bed. Available from a twin to a California king, it comes with dual controls for queen sizes and up, and the controls have 10 settings and a 10-hour auto-off. Buy Now
2. Biddeford Quilted Warming Mattress Pad This dual-control heated cover is best suited for extra-deep mattresses, or for those with a foam pad layered on top, as its pockets stretch up to 22 inches wide. It contains hidden wires that are virtually undetectable, providing 10 different heat settings. The unit is also conveniently machine-washable. Buy Now
3. Simple Comfort Quilted Electric Heated Mattress Pad Available in a twin or queen size, this heated mattress pad comes with one or two controls respectively, offering nine different heating modes. Its timer feature allows you to control how long they operate for, though they also have a 12-hour auto-off function for safety. Users note that the controls are located at the foot of the bed, which isn’t ideal for those who need to make adjustments in the night, or who have limited mobility.
4. Sunbeam Comfy Toes Heated Foot Warming Mattress Pad
Looking to keep your heating costs down this winter? Tuck this foot-warming pad underneath your sheets, and you won’t be sweating those expenses any longer! This budget-friendly pick lays on the lower half of your mattress, offering three levels of warmth, as well as a 10-hour running time. Reviewers also love using it to warm the bed for their pets to snooze on.
5. Soft Heat Micro-Plush Top Low-Voltage Electric Heated Mattress Pad This heated mattress pad is equipped with low-voltage, extra-thin wires that distribute warmth evenly, while ensuring that the unit doesn’t overheat during its 10-hour running time. Its micro-velour top adds additional coziness to your bed, tucked underneath a set of (preferably flannel) sheets. The pad has 11 different heat settings, though users tend to set it below five, because the unit does get quite hot. It’s also available in sizes twin through California king.